Saturday 13th July 2019, 1:30pm – 3:30pm & Saturday 20th July 2019, 1:30pm – 3:30pm : 2 x 2 hour Sessions
New to patchwork or just want to join in, come along to Lindsey’s workshop creating a wee baby quilt over two Saturdays.
This is not a class on perfectionism, it’s about learning the process and creating a unique handmade quilt.
What to expect:
- fabrics, wadding and bindings are provided
- fabric will be pre-cut, choice of pinks or blues
- using the rotary cutter and rulers to ‘square off’ your blocks
- learning to construct your patchwork, sewing and pressing techniques
- you’ll be shown a simple, but very effective method
- adding the border
- layering up your quilt, wadding and backing
- quilting through all the layers.
- applying binding – it is more than likely that you will be finishing your hand sewing of the binding at home
- finished size of quilt is approximately 36inches / 90cm.
You don’t need to bring anything with you, everything is provided, including use of sewing machine and tools, tea & coffee too!