Saturday 16th July 2022, 1pm – 3pm.
Learn to machine sew a tote bag in our ‘absolute’ beginners class.
This class is for those who have never sewn before (or not in years and are a little rusty) and who would like to try your hand at sewing without commiting to a course. It is a relaxed, fun class, where we want you to enjoy your experience. You will not be expected to know anything about sewing. Perfect to grab a friend and spend some time learning something new!
- During the sesson you will be diving straight in sewing straight lines!
- Learning the basics about stitching and constructing seams to create your fabulous tote bag.
- Everything is provided for you, the fabric will be pre cut, ready for you to enjoy sewing.
- Use of our equipment and sewing machines.
- Instructions to take away.
- Tea and coffee will be provided.
- AGE: 16 years plus.
- CLASS SIZE: 4 people.
- TUTOR: Marice.
- WHERE: sessions takes place in the studio space at The Wee Fabric Shop, 21 Tomatin Road, Inverness. IV2 4UA.
This is NOT a lesson on how a sewing machine works, threading or it’s various stitches. For that we offer a ‘Love Your Machine’ session, which is a 1-2-1, you would contact us direct to arrange a date and time. You DO NOT need to know anything of this to join in the Beginners Tote Bag Class, as all the threading and setting of machine will be done for you, so you can just get on with sewing!
IMPORTANT : From 2021, classes are no longer refundable. There is a lot of work to be done before you arrive at your class. Preparation and time, materials sourced and paid for, fabrics cut to size, instructions written / printed out, thread matched, bobbins wound, and Tutors paid. Class sizes are small and everything is costed. For this reason we are also unable to transfer your place to another class. You may send someone in your place, just let us know their name and contact details in advance please. If you are unable to attend, do contact us as soon as possible 01463 263007, with exceptional circumstances we may be able to arrange something but this is not part of the booking terms and conditions.