For outfits made of jersey and stretch, to fit perfectly, they need elastic seams. The Maraflex quality sewing thread allows for extra stretchiness – and the clothes move with you. A sewing thread for household sewing machines, it creates elastic seams using a straight stitch easily – without an overlock or coverstitch sewing machine.
- Elastic sewing thread with particularly high stretch
- For flexible seams using straight stitch – up to 80 % seam stretch
- Elastic closing and backstitch seams
- Ideal for sewing round necklines and tight seams
- For sewing on cuffed fabrics
- Perfect for jersey or fabrics with elastane
- Use in combination as a needle thread and a bobbin thread
- Sew in a lower tension
- Best elasticity when sewn in 4 stitches per centimetre
- Trimming is no longer necassary on non fraying fabrics, simply cut off the seam allowance close to the edge
- Needle size: Jersey Needle, NM 70 – 80. Stretch Needle, NM 70 – 80
- 150 mtrs
- 100% polybutylene terephthalate (PBT)
- Wash at 60 degrees. Bleach allowed. Tumble dry medium temperature. Use a hot iron. Dry clean, any solvent except trichloroethylene.
Gutermann Maraflex using Micro Core Technology. MCT is the unique microfiliament polyester based core spun technology – made in Germany.
- The production of our sewing threads and the quality of the materials we use comply with the strict European regulations. Our production is certified according to DIN EN ISO 9001:2015 and our sewing threads meet the strict testing criteria regarding low levels of harmful substances. They are harmless and certified according to OEKO-TEX® STANDARD 100. A&E Gütermann voluntarily undertakes to be regularly inspected and evaluated by independent external certification bodies.