Saturday 14th May 2022, 1pm to 3pm
A Dorset button is a style of craft-made button originating in the English county of Dorset.
We are so pleased to have the lovely Helen Holden as our special guest skill sharer, to guide you through the process of creating your own Dorset Button. In 2017, the Heritage Crafts Association included button making as one of their list of endangered heritage crafts. This will be a relaxed class, where you will learn to make the button and would be fabulous if you could pass on your new skill to others too.
- During the session you will be guided through creating your own button.
- Estimated around an hour to create you button, we have allowed plenty of time for you to be able to enjoy and finish your project.
- Everything will be provided for you.
- You will have materials to be able to create another button at home.
- Tea and coffee will be provided.
During this pandemic: Both Fiona & Marice are fully vaccinated and boosted, doing Lateral Flow Tests and wearing face masks. We would expect the same courtousy from people attending.
- AGE: 16 years plus.
- CLASS SIZE: 4 people.
- TUTOR: Helen. Helen will be paid for this session and has chosen to donate her monies to Charity.
- WHERE: sessions takes place in the studio space at The Wee Fabric Shop, 21 Tomatin Road, Inverness. IV2 4UA.
- MASKS whilst it is optional, masks are preferred, hand sanitising.
IMPORTANT : From 2021, classes are no longer refundable. There is a lot of work to be done before you arrive at your class. Preparation and time, materials sourced and paid for, fabrics cut to size, instructions written / printed out, thread matched, bobbins wound, and Tutors paid. Class sizes are small and everything is costed. For this reason we are also unable to transfer your place to another class. You may send someone in your place, just let us know their name and contact details in advance please. If you are unable to attend, do contact us as soon as possible 01463 263007, with exceptional circumstances we may be able to arrange something but this is not part of the booking terms and conditions.