Every Thursday in September 2021, 10am to 1pm. (2nd, 9th, 16th, 23rd & 30th September)
We are thrilled to have Louise take this class, her years of experience and knowledge, as well as her passion and patient manner, will bring you more confident in your sewing abilities.
Is this class for you?
- have you tried making garments from patterns unsuccessfully
- unable to decipher what the pattern and instructions are asking you to do
- unconfident in choosing a size and the fabric for patterns
- would like to learn basic skills to achieve greater results
- have sewn for years but first time (or getting back into since school!) trying your hand a dressmaking
What you need to take:
- The pattern you wish to make
- Required fabric – if you are struggling, we can help you choose in advance of your class.
- Matching thread
You will have 10% discount for items purchased for this class from The Wee Fabric Shop
The class will be a relaxed format, where you can freely ask as many questions and for help as you sew along. With the 5 weeks of sessions we are aiming for you to finish your garment. You can arrange homework, where you can sew at home inbetween times, to help with progress. If you do finish your garment before the course finishes you can start on a second garment. This is not speed sewing, it’s relaxed so you feel under no pressure,
Skill Level: Confident beginner, you will have been expected to have used a sewing machine, and sewn a few things, if you’ve been to our classes before you should have basic knowledge. If you’re unsure please talk to us, we want to make sure the class is right for you.
- Class size: 3 people
- Age 16 years plus
- Tutor: Louise from Rowancrafts Dressmaking
- Session takes place in the studio space at The Wee Fabric Shop, 21 Tomatin Road, Inverness. IV2 4UA
- Masks to be worn, hand sanitising.
IMPORTANT : From 2021, classes are no longer refundable. There is a lot of work to be done before you arrive at your class. Preparation and time, materials sourced and paid for, fabrics cut to size, instructions written / printed out, thread matched, bobbins wound, and Tutors paid. Class sizes are small and everything is costed. For this reason we are also unable to transfer your place to another class. You may send someone in your place, just let us know their name and contact details in advance please. If you are unable to attend, do contact us as soon as possible 01463 263007, with exceptional circumstances we may be able to arrange something but this is not part of the booking terms and conditions.