Best quality dry oilskin made in the UK, supplied by Merchant & Mills.
- Rust (A rust orange shade)
- 154 cm wide
- 245 gsm / 7.2 oz yd2
- GOTs certified organic cotton with an emulsified wax finish is perfect for lightweight garments.
- This finish is drier and crisper than our other oilskins with a matt appearance.
- This material can be washed by hand but would need re-proofing, so best to avoid washing if you can.
- Cool setting iron or just finger press
- Do not use any interfacing with this type of oilskin
- Unlike normal oilskin there would be no oil transfer so you don’t need to line your garment or bag.
- Inspired by a 1910 patent for waterproofing textiles, the finish is combination of dry emulsified wax and soft aero tumbling and contains no fluorocarbon chemicals.
- The process binds a wax-based product with water to give a non-oily finish.
- The solutions are heat-processed into the cloth for a longer lasting finish and higher performance.
- The finish is vegan.
This type of oilskin is water resistant, so this means that the water doesn’t completely run off it, but it won’t come through to the other side either. To reproof use reproofing spray.
Ideal for bags and accessories and particularly fab for an outdoor Top 64,TN31 Parka and Landgate top. Click here to view our Merchant & Mills Patterns
Our fabrics are sold by the half metre, so 3 quantity would be 1.5 metres sent as one continuous length. YOUR MATERIAL WILL BE SENT FOLDED, if you require rolled you will need to collect from the shop.
Would you like to add co-ordinating thread to your order? Click here.