Friday 22nd March 2019, 1:30pm to 4:000pm
(1session x 2.5 hours)
Create a sample 20″ pencil pleat, fully lined curtain with curtain tape, whilst learning the techniques. Your sample can be used as a reference point for when you begin to sew your own curtains. This session is also accompanied with instructions and photographs to support the text.
During the workshop you will learn how to:
- measure up your windows at home, to enable you to calculate what size your curtains should be and how much fabric you’ll need
- how to attach an interlining by machine
- how to hand sew and machine stitch a hem.
- how to attach the lining to the main curtain fabric in a neat way, hiding all the raw edges
- how to attach curtain heading tape
- how to disguise the heading tape cords
- we will also discuss (and demonstrate) pattern matching, using weights and mitres as well as answering your questions.
What is included
Curtain and lining fabric to make the sample curtain. Curtain heading tape and the use of all machines, tools and equipment.
Please feel free to bring along measurements for the window you would like to make curtains for, we can help you calculate your required measurements.
Tutor: Louise from Rowancrafts.