Saturday 2nd July 2022, 10am (1 x 2.5hr session)
Create a SAMPLE 20″ pencil pleat, fully lined curtain with curtain tape, whilst learning the techniques. Your sample can be used as a reference point for when you begin to sew your own curtains. This session is also accompanied with instructions and photographs to support the text.
During the workshop you will learn how to:
- measure up your windows at home, to enable you to calculate what size your curtains should be and how much fabric you’ll need.
- how to attach an curtain lining by machine.
- how to hand sew and machine stitch a hem.
- how to attach the lining to the main curtain fabric in a neat way, hiding all the raw edges.
- how to attach curtain heading tape.
- how to disguise the heading tape cords.
- we will also discuss pattern matching, using weights and mitres, as well as answering your questions.
What is included
Curtain and lining fabric to make the sample curtain. Curtain heading tape and the use of our machines, tools and equipment. Instructions.
Please feel free to bring along measurements for the window you would like to make curtains for, we can help you calculate your required measurements if time allows at the end.
- AGE: 16 years plus.
- CLASS SIZE: 4 people.
- TUTOR: Louise.
- WHERE: sessions takes place in the studio space at The Wee Fabric Shop, 21 Tomatin Road, Inverness. IV2 4UA.
- Skill level: suitable for beginners, you will have used a sewing machine before and have basic skills.
IMPORTANT : From 2021, classes are no longer refundable. There is a lot of work to be done before you arrive at your class. Preparation and time, materials sourced and paid for, fabrics cut to size, instructions written / printed out, thread matched, even winding bobbins and threading each machine takes time, as well as Tutors paid. Class sizes are small and everything is costed. For this reason we are also unable to transfer your place to another class. You may send someone in your place, just let us know their name and contact details in advance please. If you are unable to attend, do contact us as soon as possible 01463 263007, with exceptional circumstances we may be able to arrange something but this is not part of the booking terms and conditions.