Saturday 23rd March 10am – 11.30am & Sunday 24th March 10am – 2pm
Over the weekend we’re sewing the Tilly and the Buttons Jersery Dress, the COCO.
As this is a brand new class, we are offering an introductory reduced price, to allow us to monitor class timings, instructions and photograph processes.
What to expect?
- Check our measurements, to decide which size we are going to use, grading if necessary.
- Trace our pattern, transferring all markings and information. ( you may be required to complete cutting out your pattern at home.
- Discuss fabric choices. You will be able to purchase your fabric from us on Saturday with a 10% discount.
- If you already have fabric – please bring on Saturday
- At home – we recommend you prewash your fabric ready for Sunday sewing.
- Placing pattern in the most economical way on your fabric, to lessen wastage.
- Cut out fabrics
- Learning sewing language – understanding the instructions
- Construct your dress with stretch seams
- Using a walking foot
- Hemming (if we run out of time, you may have to complete at home)
What is included?
- A copy of Tilly and the Buttons Coco (£12.50) If you already have a copy please let us know.
- Matching thread
- Use of machines, tools and tracing paper.
What you need to bring along:
- If you already have fabric, take along on both days.
Who is this class suitable for?
- Beginners to sewing dressmaking welcome – BUT you must be able to thread you machine, wind a bobbin and sew in a straight line.
- Please note the pattern size range is a UK 6 to 20, in this class we will not be grading the pattern smaller or larger than pattern.
Tutor: Fiona (our stretch pro)