Saturday 4th May 10am – 11.30am & Sunday 5th May 10am – 3pm
Over the weekend we’re sewing the Tilly and the Buttons Jersey Dress, the COCO.
What to expect?
- Check your measurements, to decide which size you are going to use, grading between sizes, if necessary.
- Trace your pattern, transferring all markings and information (you may be required to complete cutting out your pattern at home).
- Discuss fabric choices. You will be able to purchase your fabric from us on Saturday with a 10% discount.
- If you already have fabric – please bring on Saturday
- At home – we recommend you prewash your fabric ready for Sunday sewing.
- Choosing matching thread.
- Testing sewing stitches.
- Placing pattern in the most economical way on your fabric, to lessen wastage.
- Cut out fabrics.
- Learning sewing language – understanding the instructions.
- Constructing your dress with stretch seams.
- Using a walking foot.
- Hemming (if we run out of time, you may have to complete at home)
What is included?
- A copy of Tilly and the Buttons Coco (£12.50) If you already have a copy please let us know.
- Matching thread.
- Use of machines, tools and tracing paper.
What you need to bring along:
- If you already have fabric, take along on both days.
- If you don’t have fabric, you can purchase from us on Saturday, with a 10% discount.
Who is this class suitable for?
- Beginners to sewing dressmaking welcome – BUT can achieve skills level 1.
- Please note the pattern size range is a UK 6 to 20, in this class we will not be grading the pattern smaller or larger than pattern sizes. Bust size : 30 inch to 44 inch.
Lunch: Sunday we will stop for approximately 30 minutes for lunch. Please bring your own. Refreshments provided throughout each session.
Tutor: Fiona (our stretch pro)