Saturday 24th September 2022, 10.00am – 4.00pm.
Did you ever imagine you could make your own shoes? Well, now you can – come along to our workshop and go home in your handmade sneakers.
- You will be guided through each step as you make your uppers, punch stitching holes and then hand stitch* the upper to the soles.
- We will provide a selection of beautiful fabrics and faux leathers for you to choose from, high quality durable rubber soles, insoles and waxed thread.
- Tea & Coffee will be available but please bring your own lunch.
- Let us know in the “notes” section on check out what EU size and sole colour you would like. There is a size chart in the gallery and sole choices are white, black and natural rubber.
- Class size: 4 people
- Age 16 years plus
- Session takes place in the studio space at The Wee Fabric Shop, 21 Tomatin Road, Inverness. IV2 4UA
- You do not need to be able to sew to attend this class, we will have fabric available for those who want to sew and faux leather which does not need to be sewn. We ask you to come and choose your fabric before the class.
*There is a lot of hand work involved in this class including hole punching, eyelet setting and hand sewing with wax thread. Please get in touch if you have any queries about this.
IMPORTANT : From 2021, classes are no longer refundable. There is a lot of work to be done before you arrive at your class. Preparation and time, materials sourced and paid for, fabrics cut to size, instructions written / printed out, thread matched, bobbins wound, and Tutors paid. Class sizes are small and everything is costed. For this reason we are also unable to transfer your place to another class. You may send someone in your place, just let us know their name and contact details in advance please. If you are unable to attend, do contact us as soon as possible 01463 263007, with exceptional circumstances we may be able to arrange something but this is not part of the booking terms and conditions.