When you’re just starting out, it’s tricky deciding what tools you will actually need.
This is the basics we recommend to get going.
- Pins – glass head so they won’t melt under the iron.
- Sewing Gauge – accurate measuring, an alternative to using a tape.
- Wee Scissors – keeping your project neat as you sew along.
- Needles – mixed pack, change your needle regularly, recommendation is after 8 hours of sewing. Monthly is fine, if you dont sew often.
- Tape Measure – for anything longer than your gauge.
- Chalk – use to mark fabric.
- Elastic – always handy to have a wee stash.
The Starting to Sew Kit products are all boxed with tissue and a wee sticker!
(Cost if items purchased individually, unboxed, £13.80.)