Saturday 21st May 22, 10am to 1pm.
We often rush through the hem, being the last step between you and your finished garment.
Louise will be guiding you through different ways to finish your woven fabric seams from the basic to the beautiful.
- Double fold hem
- Single fold, overcast
- Faced hem
- Bound hem
- Machine blind hem
- Hand stitched hem
- Comfortable using a sewing machine.
- AGE: 16 years plus.
- CLASS SIZE: 4 people.
- TUTOR: Louise.
- DURATION: 3 hour session, giving plenty of opportunity to practise, ask questions and sew your samples.
- MATERIALS: everything is provided for you, you just turn up!
- WHERE: sessions takes place in the studio space at The Wee Fabric Shop, 21 Tomatin Road, Inverness. IV2 4UA.
- MASKS whilst it is optional, masks are preferred, hand sanitising.
BEFORE YOU BOOK IMPORTANT : From 2021, classes are no longer refundable. There is a lot of work to be done before you arrive at your class. Preparation and time, materials sourced and paid for, fabrics cut to size, instructions written / printed out, thread matched, bobbins wound, and Tutors paid. Class sizes are small and everything is costed. For this reason we are also unable to transfer your place to another class. You may send someone in your place, just let us know their name and contact details in advance please. If you are unable to attend, do contact us as soon as possible 01463 263007, with exceptional circumstances we may be able to arrange something but this is not part of the booking terms and conditions.