A listing for us to pick you out a matching thread for your fabric order. If your fabric is multi-coloured, or have picked MORE THAN ONE FABRIC, please let us know in the customer notes during checkout, which fabric you want to be matched.
For outfits made of jersey and stretch, to fit perfectly, they need elastic seams. The Maraflex quality sewing thread allows for extra stretchiness – and the clothes move with you. A sewing thread for household sewing machines, it creates elastic seams using a straight stitch easily – without an overlock or coverstitch sewing machine.
- Elastic sewing thread with particularly high stretch
- For flexible seams using straight stitch – up to 80 % seam stretch
- Elastic closing and backstitch seams
- Ideal for sewing round necklines and tight seams
- For sewing on cuffed fabrics
- Perfect for jersey or fabrics with elastane
- Use in combination as a needle thread and a bobbin thread
- Sew in a lower tension
- Best elasticity when sewn in 4 stitches per centimetre
- Trimming is no longer necassary on non fraying fabrics, simply cut off the seam allowance close to the edge
- Needle size: Jersey Needle, NM 70 – 80. Stretch Needle, NM 70 – 80
- 150 mtrs
- 100% polybutylene terephthalate (PBT)
- Wash at 60 degrees. Bleach allowed. Tumble dry medium temperature. Use a hot iron. Dry clean, any solvent except trichloroethylene.
Gutermann Maraflex using Micro Core Technology. MCT is the unique microfiliament polyester based core spun technology – made in Germany.
- The production of our sewing threads and the quality of the materials we use comply with the strict European regulations. Our production is certified according to DIN EN ISO 9001:2015 and our sewing threads meet the strict testing criteria regarding low levels of harmful substances. They are harmless and certified according to OEKO-TEX® STANDARD 100. A&E Gütermann voluntarily undertakes to be regularly inspected and evaluated by independent external certification bodies.