- Please be aware that if a purchase has been made it can’t guarantee stock, as shop may have sold it before website updated. We will try our best to keep stock levels updated on our website but on a busy day in the shop we might not get there as quick as we would like.
- We aim to send out within 2 working days, using Royal Mail. (usually it’s the same day, but if there are more then usual orders, or late in the day, then it will be posted the following day.)
Address : It is the customer’s responsibility to provide us with the correct postal address. We do not (and cannot) check every single postal address.
Undelivered Mail : If your parcel cannot be delivered (because no one was home) and it is not collected from the sorting office, it will be returned to us (this can take weeks & weeks) We will re-send the parcel to you but postage charges will be applied. If it is not delivered because an incorrect address was provided we will not be responsible for replacing the parcel.
Scissors : By purchasing scissors , thread snips, rotary cutter and blades you are confirming you are over 18.
LOST MAIL: We post a lot of parcels. To date we have never had a parcel go missing (fingers crossed!). Some do get delayed for no reason, some do get delivered to neighbours without your knowledge, and some do sit in the sorting office awaiting collection, again, without your knowledge. We think Royal Mail are great, they are trying their best to get your parcel to you – sometimes things just don’y happen.
PLEASE be aware that we will not know where your parcel is. Royal Mail won’t consider an item of mail to be lost until 15 working days have passed from the date it was due to be delivered.
- If for some reason you do not love what you’ve bought, we will accept exchanges, or returns, (unless cut to your specification – see below) within 14 days of receipt of your goods. The goods must be unopened and unused. Please return the goods in the original packaging, letting me know your contact details and purchase date to: The Wee Fabric Shop, 21 Tomatin Road, Hilton, Inverness IV2 4UA. Postal costs are non-refundable.
- Please note: If the item has been specially cut to your specifications ie fabric, it is non-refundable OR if an item has been specially ordered in for you, ie not a stocked item.
- If by some unfortunate circumstance the goods are faulty, please contact us asap, to solve the issue. If a claim has not been made within 14 days of receipt of them, then we would assume that the goods have been accepted by the purchaser and therefore cannot be rejected. We do our best to check everything, but on the odd occasion there may be a flaw which was not noticed upon cutting. Increasingly suppliers punch a test hole in fabrics – yes a blooming big perfectly round hole … we don’t unravell every bolt of fabric to check but do try to keep an eye of for such things when cutting. We are only human!
- Colours of fabrics vary on different monitors, if you are unsure, or need to colour match, it is always better to request a sample first. We do our best to describe fabric as accurate as we can.
Mistakes with your order
If you receive your parcel and all is not as it should be please contact us.
When parcels are packed we tuck things in to protect them – your thread may be tucked inside your fabric.
If something is missing or not correct we will normally ask you for a photograph so we can double check what we have sent you and then we will rectify the problem.
We are a wee team, and we pride ourselves on our customer service, but we can make mistakes, it’s not intential we are only human. It saddens us, just as much as you, when things go wrong.
- The Wee Fabric Shop reserve the right to change, amend or withdraw details and price of our products without prior notice.
- What if I need to cancel a class? You may cancel a booked class up to 72 hours (3days) before the class is due to start. If we are able to resell your place, you will receive a full refund. However if this is not feasible, a 50% deposit will be withheld. Cancellations less than 48 hours, no refund can be issued – why is this? We are not being mean … Preparation & time has gone into the class prior to your arrival. Materials sourced, cut to size, instructions written/printed out, threads wound and machine feet selected.
- I don’t have a sewing machine or any sewing kit. That’s okay, everything is provided for you, unless otherwise stated at time of booking. You just need to turn up.
- Can I reserve a place? We no longer reserve/hold places. To secure your place, you must pay in full prior to the class.
- EDIT 13/03/2020 – Coronavirus . This is a concerning time for all at the moment, just so you know we have added extra routines to wipe down surfaces and handles, throughout the day, especially the door handles and card machines. If you have booked a class and do not feel well please do not attend, we are happy to rescedule at a later date. Likewise, if we have to postpone a class, we will rearrange the class as soon as possible. We would rather everyone stays safe and well. We will be following government advice and update as and when required.
- We do not store credit card details nor do we share customer details with any 3rd parties.
We have a very simple policy: we only use your data to provide you with your online order, or to get intouch with you regarding your order. We do not keep a list, nor store your data.
We have never, and will never, use your order details to send you marketing via any channel.
We have also never, and never will, sold your information to other companies.
If you wish to sign up (and unsubscribe) to our newsletter you can.
If you got this far and haven’t fallen asleep from all the boring stuff, and we still haven’t answered your query then either send an email or phone us. Up to date contact info is on the footer of our front page of the website.