We totally fell in love with these velvets when we saw them. Gorgeously smooth with rich colours. They are digitally printed, soft and durable with a plush finish. Short pile, almost suede like finish/feel.
Uses: Curtains, upholstery, bag making, Apparel, tablecloths, decoration, home furnishings, wheat bags, lamp shades and all things crafty. Domestic use. Can be used commercially use BUT only once treated to the necessary standards.
Sewing ~ when making a cushion, we found that the nap didn’t work against each other when sewing. Also tested out with overlocking, went through with ease and didn’t stretch out.
- Black background, hues of rich greens, with vivid red, yellow & blue.
- 100% polyester
- 148cm wide
- 290 gsm weight
- Woven / non stretch
- Drapes beautifully
- Dry clean
- *Martindale Test 50,000 rubs
- Soft furnishings
Our fabrics are sold by the half metre, so 3 quantity would be 1.5 metres sent as one continuous length.
Would you like to add co-ordinating thread to your order? Click here.
*The Martindale is a unit for quantifying the abrasion resistance of textiles, especially when used for upholstery. Also known as the Martindale rub test, simulates natural wear of a seat cover, in which the textile sample is rubbed against a standard abrasive surface with a specified force. Test ends when 2 threads are worn so much that they break in two.
- Light Domestic (10,000 to 15,000 rubs) – occasional use domestic furniture
- General Domestic (15,000 to 25,000 rubs) – everyday use
- Heavy Duty (25,000 to 30,000 rubs) – heavy-duty domestic use and light hospitality use
- General Commercial Use (30,000-40,000) – general hospitality use
- Commercial Grade (40,000 plus)- heavy hospitality